Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 28, 2010

Black glazed barstools


I found these bar stools at a local thrift store and decided to try a look I found at All things Thrifty. I started with Kilz primer, Side note: you can find kilz at walmart for about $5 a can. I went through one and wasn't done primering the first stool. So for more than one project I recommend getting the quart size of kilz primer. It is about $6 at Home Depot, but you can use on several projects!



Another side note: If you prefer using can primer (it makes life easier for chairs and stools) I recommend getting Krylon primers (you can get it at about $3 a can) which can save you some money in the long run).
After it was primered I used Krylon Cherry red in glossy



This is what it looked like with just the paint on



After I let it dry, I added the glaze, I got the glaze at Home Depot. Side Note: It doesn't come tinted so you need to have a associate tint it for you. You can get any color you want. For this project and many others you will see I chose black.


Using a paint brush, I carefully brushed the glaze on the top and legs and left it to dry. After it dried I use a polyurethane spray to seal the paint. This also helps to prevent paint chipping off. And here is the after result!



I love that it looks like a different piece of furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It always makes my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails