Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 28, 2010

Beautiful Distressed night stand

This was one of my first projects I worked on that I sold. I picked up this baby at a local Thrift Store for $2. I was really surprised because this was a solid wood item and was really hard to carry to my car. When I got it home I went straight to work. I sanded it down, primer it with Glidden gray primer (you can pick this up at any home depot). Since I was painting the night stand black the gray primer made sense to use so I didn't have to do as many coats. After it was all painted (I used Glidden semi-gloss black paint) I used a 120 grit sand paper and began sanding the edges as well as the inside edges of the drawers, giving it a worn affect. I didn't do anything with the hardware because I felt that it added character to keep the originals. I was really proud of the results but was really sad to sell because it was such a beautiful piece, but it went to a very nice man that really loved the item. Enjoy the before and after photos.

Before



After

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It always makes my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails