Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Dining room wall.... DIY Framed mirrors

My apartment has been a work in progress. Before I moved I bought some mirrors at the dollar store and wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them until I saw this at Pottery barn



So instead of paying $150 I decided I would make them. Here's how I did it:

First I purchased some frames at a local thrift store for about $10.



Then I got my table saw, ( I would love to get and electric saw, I just don't have a place for it right now) and measured my mirror. the mirror was 5"x 5". Here is what it looked like before I assembled


Then I used Gorilla glue to put back together, primed and painted (don't mind the bigger frames, that will be for another project)


Then I added the mirrors, I used gorilla glue for that as well. Then I distressed the frames to what I wanted and here is the finished result!





$3 mirrors
$10 frames
$6 paint



Total cost:
$19

Can't beat that price!

Stay tuned for the finished wall!



I'm linking to the following


LINKPARTYBUTTON





Making






The DIY Show Off


http://www.thethriftyhome.com

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I get used frames from goodwill all of the time and I never thought to cut them up and glue them back together to a different more pleasing shape.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them!
    Fondly, Tami
    www.thisandthatfromtami.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! I wouldn't have thought to disassemble the frames either! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It always makes my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails